No products in the cart.
Product can be shipped as of 15.02.2021Order now!
TS StarScope 1149 – 114/900mm Beginner Telescope with mount and tripod – a powerful telescope with much acessories for a wonderful start in Astronomythe classic beginner’s telescope in its latest generation. Ideal for beginners who want to have a telescope that offers years of fun of observing but still on a budget.
The StarScope 1149 has several quality features seldom seen in this combination in similar telescopes:
- particularly sturdy mounting and tripod. In many other telescopes of this class an undersized mount is used to “simulate” a cheap price, but the performance of an undersized mount will seriously limit the usefulness of the telescope as a whole!
- serious observing on a budget!
These are but some of the many advantages of the StarScope 1149. This telescope is a hot recommendation for beginners. The value for money is superb!
With this telescope you can see:
- The Moon
Craters, mountain ranges, ridges, valleys, volcanic plains. Observe the sunrise in a moon’s crater as more and more detail inside the crater becomes visible!
- The Planets
Observe the phases of Venus, the cloud belts of Jupiter, Saturn’s rings, the Galilean moons, … Even Uranus can be seen with this telescope!
- The Sun
With the optional Baader AstroSolar filter sheet you can safely observe the sun. Discover the sun’s spots – centers of magnetic activity. You can find the filter sheet under “recommended accessories”.
- The Stars and the Deep Sky
Hundreds of objects are within reach of this telescope. Observe double or multiple stars with their different colours. Enjoy the beautiful view of a star cluster inside your telescope’s field of view. Globular clusters are among the easiest objects outside our own galaxy that you can see with this telescope.
An often overlooked detail of particular importance. The focuser’s job is to hold the eyepiece (“magnifying lens”) in place and move it into focus for a sharp image. The eyepiece defines the magnification you get. The Starscope 1149 has a standard 1.25″ focuser, not the older 24.5mm size. As a result you can choose from hundreds of optional accessories available for 1.25″.
TS Optics is a Telescopic Service trademark.
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet – an 80-page beginner’s guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.