No products in the cart.
ready for shipping in 3-5 days
The 61EDPH is designed for astrophotographers and nature photographers. It convinces with its compact dimensions and its high-quality 2-element FPL53 lens (glass from Ohara – Japan). The 3-element corrector has been specially developed for this apo and produces a corrected image field with 44 mm diameter and without chromatic aberration, ideal for full-frame cameras. The fast aperture ratio of f/4.5 allows short exposure times.
- Connecting cameras to the apo: An M48x0.75 thread is available on the back of the sturdy 2.5″ focuser. The working distance from this thread to the camera sensor is exactly 55 mm. This is ideal for all astro cameras and DSLR / SLR cameras. Matching T-rings can be found in the accessories section.
- The TS 61EDPH provides a convenient connection for 2″ nebula filters. Simply unscrew the corrector from the focuser and you will find the M48x0.75 female thread on the telescope side. Simply screw in the nebula filter and then screw the corrector back into the focuser. The working distance of 55 mm does not change. You can continue to use your adaption, whether with or without a filter.
- Attaching the TS 61EDPH to mounts: The CNC tube ring has a GP/EQ5 style level dovetail bar at the base. You can attach the telescope to the appropriate quick couplings of mounts and travel mounts such as the Skywatcher Star Adventurer. Matching saddle plates can be found in the accessories section. In addition, the dovetail also has a 1/4″ photo thread. The apo fits, like a telephoto lens, directly on every photo tripod.
- The carrying handle is a real multifunctional part: The handle not only facilitates the mounting on the photo tripod, it is also the base for further adaptions. The handle has a long hole and a 1/4″ photo thread. For example, you can mount a ball head on it and mount a second camera in parallel. Next to the grab handle there is a viewfinder shoe for finder scopes, mini telescopes or sighting devices.
- Observation with the TS 61SDQ: Although the apochromat was developed for astrophotography, it also allows observation. Unscrew the photo corrector. You have an M63x1 female thread available. With an optional 2″ adapter, like M63-2 (see accessories), you can adapt a zenith mirror or an Amici prism and make beautiful nature, landscape and astro observations. You can use both 2″ and 1.25″ accessories.
The 61EDPH is a fast and portable travel apo for astrophotography.
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet – an 80-page beginner’s guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.