No products in the cart.
ready for shipping in 24 h
The Pocket Powerbox is suitable for the “grab and go” astrophotographer who does not want too much automation. Device can provide 10Amps of power, a sufficient number of 12V Outputs, two Dew Heater Channels, a DSLR power output and an environmental sensor to monitor humidity and temperature.
- 4x 12V DC Power outlets for your equipment: A powerful mosfet transistor provides “electric juice” to your precious equipment. It supply of electricity 4 outputs. Can switch on/off for all ports.
- Built in Voltmeter: A precise voltmeter measures and displays in real time your input voltage. If the input is more than 14V, the power is instantly cut off to protect your equipment.
- Camera / DSLR Output: A 8 Volt Output is suitable to provide power to your DSLR camera. We provide different battery couplers for Sony and Canon DSLR / Mirrorless Cameras
- More than 10 Ampere of total power: Controller has been designed to support up to 10 Amps of total current.
- 2 channel duty cycle PWM outputs: 2 Pulse width modulation (PWM) outlets are capable to provide power to your “thirsty” Dew Heaters. No more moisture fuzzing your equipment and destroying your clear nights. These outlets can be remote controlled from your laptop using the supplied software.
- Auto Adjustment of PWM (Dew Outputs): Firmware can auto adjust the PWM Outputs by consulting the environmental sensor Dew Point reading. Just click “Auto” and leave to Pocket Powerbox decide if it is time to switch on and precise tune your dew heaters.
- The Pocket Powerbox fully supports ASCOM 6.
- Led Indications for power and failure states: Led can blink in patterns to warn you regarding important power issues (e.g over or under voltage). Moreover light can be turned off using the software. The LED is very dim but in case you don’t like it on you can switch it off via the software.
- Power Cables are included in the package: Four power cable of DC 2.1mm to 2.1mm male (1m) are included in the package.
- External Environmental Sensor: External one meter temperature & relative humidity sensor is included in the package. Know exactly the environment conditions of your location. Temperature, humidity and dew point measurements are displayed in the software.
- USB2 Connectivity: Connect the device to your laptop/PC and control Pocket Powerbox from the supplied software or ASCOM drivers
- Reverse Polarity Protection: Pocket Powerbox has been design with a reverse voltage polarity protection. It will definitely save your night if you accidentally connect the main power supply in reverse polarity!
- Watchdog: A hardware watchdog resets the device if for any reason there is no response from the controller for two seconds. A neat feature in the unlikely event of a controller freeze – when you have a remote observatory and you need to be certain that everything works as expected.
- Upgradable Firmware: Device is firmware upgradable to support future features and bug fixes.
- Compact Size and Lightweight: A hard plastic ABS lightweight and compact sized box enclose the controller board.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x Pocket Powerbox
- 1 x DC Cable (2.1m) to Cigarette Lighter (8A fused)
- 4 x Power Cables (1 meter)
- 1 x USB2 Cable Type B (3 meters)
- 1 x Environmental (Humidity/Temperature) Sensor