Meade Telescope AC 90/600 Infinity AZ
Out of stock
Product can be shipped as of 01.05.2021Order now!
Meade’s Infinity series telescopes are ideal for anyone looking for an inexpensive introduction to astronomy.
- explore the Moon and planets – discover the lunar craters and mountains, admire Saturn’s magnificent rings and observe the four largest moons of Jupiter – as Galileo Galilei once did. But also observe the brighter nebulae, such as the Orion Nebula 1350 light-years away! Countless double stars, such as the beautiful double star Albireo in Cygnus, can also be made out.
- the alt-azimuth mount is intuitive to operate and immediately ready for use. The tripod is also quite light, making the entire system portable.
- delivery includes everything that you will need, especially eyepieces, which allow you to use various magnifications. The 1.25″ focuser is a standard size that allows the use of a multitude of other accessories.
The AC 90/600 telescope’s optics are ideally suited to surveying wide fields of view in the night sky. For observing Open clusters, in particular, it works wonderfully!
The 9 centimetre diameter objective lens collects enough light to observe a range of Messier objects. The Messier objects are star clusters, galaxies, planetary nebulae, and supernova remnants captured by the French astronomer Charles Messier (1730-1817) in his catalogue of ‘nebulous objects’. Hunt down as many objects in Charles Messier’s catalogue as you can!
Of course, the planetary astronomy is also now open to you – observe the rings of Saturn and the moons of Jupiter! The relatively wide field of view of this telescope also makes it especially interesting for observing comets.
The Meade Infinity AZ Altazimuth Mount is a lightweight but sturdy and very easy to use altitude-azimuth mount featuring aluminum construction with tubular steel legs for excellent rigidity.
Features a convenient pan handle control for coarse movement and dual slow- motion control cables for fine movement on both the vertical and horizontal axis. Recommended for Meade or other brand optical tubes up to approximately six pounds.
Telescope attachment is with a captive 1/4-20 bolt as used on many popular telescopes, spotting scopes, and sports optics. Tripod is fully height adjustable from 30” to 48” for convenient viewing
Included as a bonus – AutoStar Suite® Astronomer Edition software on DVD. This Windows operating systems software can show you over 10,000 astronomical objects. You can also use it to plan your observing and even print out star charts using it.
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet – an 80-page beginner’s guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.