No products in the cart.
Out of stock
Celestron Mount CGX-L GoTo
Out of stock
Add to Wishlist
Add to Wishlist
Product can be shipped as of 01.07.2021Order now!
CGX-L mount – the L stands for Large, because the CGX-L is the big sister of the Celestron Mount CGX GoTo.
The load capacity has been increased from 25 kilograms to 34 kilograms as compared to the CGX. This means that the CGX-L can also carry the largest Celestron OTAs plus photographic accessories. A key role is played by the generously dimensioned 144mm worm gears, which allow smoother operation even with heavier telescopes, as well as the 270mm extended dovetail clamp, which holds even the larger telescopes securely.
Despite the higher load capacity, the CGX-L is an easy to transport mount for portable use. It comes with an excellent tripod for this purpose.
However, the CGX-L is also very well suited for smaller observatories and remote operation. You get a really versatile mount with the CGX-L!
Advantages of the CGX-L in a nutshell
- increased payload carrying capacity with a still outstanding weight-load ratio
- additional AUX sockets and auto-guider connection on the DEC axis for better cable management
- 144mm worm gears
- 270mm long dovetail clamp
- steel tripod with 70mm width legs
- counterweight rod with 31.5mm diameter for heavy loads
Please also read the product description of its little sister – the CGX mount. Apart from the above improvements, the CGX-L has the same technical features:
CGX Equatorial Mount and Tripod:
For eight years, Celestron’s workhorse CGEM mount lineup has been the German Equatorial backbone for telescopes ranging from 6 to 11 inches of aperture. Since that time, many more astro-imagers and planetarium controlled setups have emerged as backyard telescope technology has evolved. Celestron’s engineering team applied their years of experience designing German Equatorial mounts to the all-new CGX EQ, a culmination of all the advancements made to our technologies, value, and ease-of-use.
- Sturdier and more rigid with quicker dampening time
- Improved motors provide more torque, better slewing and tracking under heavy loads
- Heavy Duty belt-drive system minimizes backlash while providing smooth motor operation under heavy loads
- Spring-loaded brass worm wheel and stainless steel worm gear reduce friction and provide optimum gear mesh
- Internal cabling for worry-free remote operation. Power input and accessory ports remain stationary while the mount slews to avoid snags
- Internal hard stops for both axes prevents cable tension and tripod strike
- Home sensors allow the mount to always start in the index position regardless of orientation before a power reset
- Limit sensors automatically shut off slewing or tracking before reaching the hard stop fail safe
- Adjustable EQ head position to optimize center of gravity over the tripod and fully utilize the increased 3º-65º latitude range
- Dual-fit CG-5/Vixen and CGE/Losmandy dovetail saddle
New improved tripod:
- 2″ steel legs with height index marks for quick leveling
- “Jack of all trays” can hold three 1.25″ eyepieces, two 2″ eyepieces, your smartphone, or other accessories
- Tripod legs can be collapsed with accessory tray installed for faster setup and transport
- All-new NexStar+ hand control with USB port
- Two AUX accessory ports to support wireless/WiFi alignment and operation with StarSense AutoAlign and SkyPortal WiFi Module accessories (sold separately)
- USB 2.0 port, used to connect directly to PC with included software
- Autoguider port
- PPEC ready
- Threaded 12VDC power input barrel connector
- Internal Real Time Clock (keeps time and site information saved)
The new CGX was designed to better support your telescope for both visual and astro-imaging pursuits. Key design goals included a lower profile EQ head, which provides a more compact and therefore more stable setup; a better drive system; remote operation-friendly with home and limit optical sensors; easier polar alignment adjustments; and better cable management. In addition to that, we’ve made mechanical and ergonomic improvements throughout to make the mount sturdier, easier to use, and transport. The CGX is our new Equatorial backbone to support a wide range of telescopes.
Control software from PlaneWave Instruments for Celestron’s CGX and CGX-L mounts:
PWI Telescope Control opens up the full precision of these mounts. A USB connection from the mount to your PC means the Sky Viewer display makes it easy to find targets. Or you can search for your targets in the extensive object database. PWI also has a connection to the SIMBAD astronomical online database for even more astronomical objects.
PWI uses PointXP Mount Modelling – providing numerous reference stars for the highest accuracy possible. PointXP (also used in the StarSense AutoAlign module) offers more accuracy than a classic hand control box. By using numerous reference stars, PWI can accommodate multiple alignment errors, including device deflection – as a result, GoTo accuracy is increased.
Features of PWI software
- PointXP Mount Modelling, accepts as many reference stars as you want.
- developed by Celestron in partnership with PlaneWave Instruments
- future updates will include additional features and enhancements
- Sky Viewer Star chart for easy location of astronomical objects
- extensive object database, including online database
The software runs on Windows 7, 8 and 10. You can download it via the Downloads tab. You will also find an English-language manual in PDF format available there.