Sky-Watcher offers simple solutions for users who would like to attach their smaller telescope to a convenient computerized system but do not wish to deal with the weight of the HEQ5 or EQ6 mount. The EQ3 Pro mounts use the same GoTo system found in the HEQ5 and EQ6 Pros – SynScan. It allows you to point the telescope at a specific object or even tour the skies at a touch of just few buttons.
The EQ3 SynScan mounts are the perfect instrument for novice visual observers to enjoy astronomy with minimal setup time and in-depth knowledge of the night sky. For novice users, the user-friendly menu allows automatic slewing to 42,900+ objects.
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
- Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 32 micro steps driven.
- Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
- Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
- Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Periodic Error Correction.
|Guiding Speed||from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X|
|Mount Type||German Equatorial Mount|
|Counter Weight||3.42 +1.8 kgs|
|Accessory Tray||Large wall-to-wall|
|Motor Drive||1.8 degree stepper motors|
|GOTO System||SynScan Hand Control|
|Tripod Weight||5.6 kg, 1.75″ steel tripod|
|Shipping Weight||28 kg|
|Payload Capacity||5.5 kg|
|Slewing Speed||up to 3.4°/sec (800X)|